Wanda Francis Flick
Memorial services for Wanda Francis Flick, 83, Melvern, will be at 10 a.m. Friday, Jan. 3, 2003, in Melvern.
Mrs. Flick died Saturday, Dec. 14, 2002, at Midland Hospice House in Topeka. She was born Oct. 24, 1919, in Melvern, the daughter of George Melvin and Bessie L. Tucker Jennings.
She lived in Melvern for the past three years, after living in Mesa, Ariz., for several years.
She was a retired teacher, who had taught in Melvern, Tonganoxie and Muncie Elementary School in Kansas City, Kan. She was a member of Melvern United Methodist Church.
She married Dan Day in 1945 in Melvern. He died in 1967. She married John R. Flick in 1969 in Pitkin, Colo. He died in 1999.
Survivors include three stepsons, Jack Day, Olathe, Robert Day, Gardner, and Wayne Day, Mesa, Ariz.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Melvern United Methodist Church Elevator Fund or the Melvern Community Pride Building Fund, sent in care of Feltner Funeral Home,. P.O. Box 160, Lyndon, 66451.
More like this story
- This year's Leavenworth County Veterans Day Parade to salute Vitenam veterans
- Desert Storm veterans to be honored Friday at Leavenworth County Veterans Day Parade
- What's on your (license) plate?
- Celebrating a Tonganoxie VFW milestone
- Tonganoxie area groups support national veteran motorcycle ride on Interstate 70