Obituary: Mildred V. New
Services for Mildred V. New, 89, Leavenworth, were Monday, Dec. 30, 2002, at Barnett-Larkin-Brown Funeral Home, Leavenworth. Burial was in Sunset Memory Cemetery.
She died Friday, Dec. 27, 2002, at St. John Hospital. She was born May 20, 1913, in Leavenworth, the daughter of Oliver F. and Carrie A. (Saunders) New.
She was a missionary for more than 20 years for the Kentucky Mountain Mission before returning to Leavenworth to take care of her mother for 16 years.
She was a member of the High Prairie Gospel Tabernacle Church of Leavenworth, the church Bible Study, and enjoyed leading the Bible study groups.
Survivors include two sisters, Viola L. Pike, Kansas City, Kan., and Idabelle C. Edlin, Topeka; and a brother, George S. New, Leavenworth.
She was preceded in death by her parents and brothers, Richard F. New and Jack O. New.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Kentucky Mountain Mission-Youth Haven Bible Camp in care of the funeral home, Sixth and Olive, Leavenworth, Kan. 66048.
More like this story
- Kansas Senate approves plan to control mental health drugs
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Top Kansas GOP lawmakers to unveil school funding proposal
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers