Obituary: Nellie K. Fischer
Services for former Tonganoxie resident Nellie K. Fischer, 90, Lawrence, will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 9, 2002, at St. John Lutheran Church in Aliceville, Kan., with the Revs. Jay Watson and Glenn Wooton officiating. Burial will be in St. John Lutheran Cemetery in Aliceville.
Mrs. Fischer died Sunday, Feb. 3, 2002, at Brandon Woods Nursing Home in Lawrence. She was born Nov. 10, 1911, in Herkimer, Kan., the daughter of Thomas and Minnie (Meuller) Schotte. She was a farm wife and homemaker. She was a member of St. Martin Lutheran Church in Basehor.
She married Lorenz W. Fischer on Dec. 25, 1932, in Aliceville. He died on July 4, 2001.
Survivors include a son, James D. Fischer, Lawrence; two brothers, Rudolph Schotte and John Schotte, both of Burlington; three grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
Friends may call from 10 a.m. until service time Saturday at the church.
The family suggests memorial contributions to St. John Lutheran Church, Aliceville, or Redeemer Lutheran Church in Lawrence, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie, 66086.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Council agenda for April 6, 2015
- Kansas House vote shows weak support for constitutional amendment on judicial selection
- Tonganoxie City Council gives final approval for 2016 budget
- Tonganoxie City Council OKs proposed 2016 budget
- Kansas proposed juvenile justice changes would incarcerate fewer youths; some counties express concern