Obituary: Nellie K. Fischer
Services for former Tonganoxie resident Nellie K. Fischer, 90, Lawrence, will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 9, 2002, at St. John Lutheran Church in Aliceville, Kan., with the Revs. Jay Watson and Glenn Wooton officiating. Burial will be in St. John Lutheran Cemetery in Aliceville.
Mrs. Fischer died Sunday, Feb. 3, 2002, at Brandon Woods Nursing Home in Lawrence. She was born Nov. 10, 1911, in Herkimer, Kan., the daughter of Thomas and Minnie (Meuller) Schotte. She was a farm wife and homemaker. She was a member of St. Martin Lutheran Church in Basehor.
She married Lorenz W. Fischer on Dec. 25, 1932, in Aliceville. He died on July 4, 2001.
Survivors include a son, James D. Fischer, Lawrence; two brothers, Rudolph Schotte and John Schotte, both of Burlington; three grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
Friends may call from 10 a.m. until service time Saturday at the church.
The family suggests memorial contributions to St. John Lutheran Church, Aliceville, or Redeemer Lutheran Church in Lawrence, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie, 66086.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Council agenda for April 6, 2015
- Tonganoxie City Council to have special meeting Thursday, regular meeting Monday
- Process continues for proposed luxury RV resort near Tonganoxie
- Leavenworth County Commission votes down Patriot highway plans
- Leavenworth County commissioners revoke bond support for proposed Tyson chicken plant near Tonganoxie