Services for Marie Wirthman, 99, Tonganoxie, were Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2002, at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Tonganoxie, with the Rev. Mark Goldasich officiating. Burial was in Sacred Heart Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mrs. Wirthman died Friday, Feb. 8, 2002, at Tonganoxie Nursing Center. She was born March 12, 1902, in Neumark, Germany, the daughter of Karl and Marie Franz. She was a homemaker and a member of Sacred Heart Catholic Church.
She married Michael A. Wirthman on Nov. 26, 1930. He died on Nov. 9, 1976.
Survivors include two sons, Henry O. Wirthman, Tonganoxie, and Robert L. Wirthman, Lawrence; a sister, Freida Franz, Laufach, Germany; 10 grandchildren; and 16 great-grandchildren.
Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie, handled arrangements.
More like this story
- Motorcycle-vehicle wreck near Tonganoxie sends 2 to KU Hospital
- Tonganoxie youth remembered for 'lighting up a room'
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- 25 years on, disabilities act has changed lives of millions
- Lawrence Memorial Hospital Summer Spray 5K comes July 18 to Tonganoxie