Services for Marie Wirthman, 99, Tonganoxie, were Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2002, at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Tonganoxie, with the Rev. Mark Goldasich officiating. Burial was in Sacred Heart Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mrs. Wirthman died Friday, Feb. 8, 2002, at Tonganoxie Nursing Center. She was born March 12, 1902, in Neumark, Germany, the daughter of Karl and Marie Franz. She was a homemaker and a member of Sacred Heart Catholic Church.
She married Michael A. Wirthman on Nov. 26, 1930. He died on Nov. 9, 1976.
Survivors include two sons, Henry O. Wirthman, Tonganoxie, and Robert L. Wirthman, Lawrence; a sister, Freida Franz, Laufach, Germany; 10 grandchildren; and 16 great-grandchildren.
Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie, handled arrangements.
More like this story
- McConnell helps airman cope with loss of infant son
- Face to Face: New Tonganoxie Public Libary board member Loralee Stevens
- Motorcycle-vehicle wreck near Tonganoxie sends 2 to KU Hospital
- Man, child injured in single-engine Kansas plane crash
- Tonganoxie City Fire Department fire calls, Sept. 7-20, 2015