Anniversary: Harry and Nellie Zacharias
Harry and Nellie Zacharias, Tonganoxie, will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary with a family luncheon March 2.
Harry Glen Zacharias and Nellie May McBride were married March 2, 1952, at the Christian Church in Atchison, with the Rev. Harold Roberts officiating.
Mr. Zacharias was a farmer in the Lancaster community until 1960, when he began work for the Kansas Department of Transportation. He retired in 1984.
Mrs. Zacharias worked in the restaurant business, working at the Leavenworth Montgomery Ward Store. After owning, operating and selling Zach's Cafn Basehor, she was a clerk at the Basehor Shopping Center until she retired in 1993.
The couple's children are William and Jane Zacharias, Clay Center, Jack and Doris Schoeck, Emporia, Steve Zacharias, Merriam, Frank and Beverly Zacharias, Kansas City, Kan., and Allen and Rhonda Owens, Aurora, Mo. They also have 14 grandchildren and 11 great-grandchildren.
The couple would like to hear from friends and relatives at P.O. Box 746, Tonganoxie, 66086.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High School girls team heads into sub-state with victory
- Local attorney faces incumbent in school board race
- Tonganoxie High girls can't get past Piper in substate title game
- Second-half collapse hurts Tonganoxie High boys
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament