Obituary/ Clarence Wesley McMechan
Services for Clarence Wesley McMechan Jr., 84, Lawrence, were Monday, Dec. 31, 2001, at Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie, with the Rev. Annie Hedquist officiating. Burial was in Hubbel Hill Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mr. McMechan died Thursday, Dec. 27, 2001, at his home. He was born Nov. 4, 1917, in Sugar Creek, Mo., the son of Clarence Wesley and Blanche (Steturmann) Mc-Mechan. He was a World War II U.S. Army veteran. He moved in 1950 from Tonganoxie to Lawrence. He married Vera Gay Kramer on April 11, 1938, in Olathe. She died Friday, Dec. 28, 2001.
Survivors include five sons, Larry Eugene McMechan, Stanley Neil McMechan, Leland Clark McMechan and Clinton Lee McMechan, all of Lawrence, and Donald Ray McMechan, South Greenfield, Mo.; three daughters, Wilma Lucille Hall, Marilyn Gay Burns and Sherry Ann Floyd, all of Lawrence; four sisters, Elizabeth Oshel, Lawrence, and Edith Farmer and Beatrice Emery, both of Kelseyville, Calif., and Dorothy Schaal, Wichita; 24 grandchildren; and 23 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by four sons, Gene Allan McMechan, Wesley Dean McMechan, Glenn Arnold McMechan and Carl Lesley McMechan.
The family suggests memorials to Lawrence Humane Society, sent in care of the Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie, 66086.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Fourth of July fireworks, folk art at the Nelson
- Tonganoxie Elementary School wins state title in Music Memory
- Kansas City Connection: Tour spotlights how things are growing in urban gardens, farms
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Former Shawnee music teacher charged with molestation missing from house arrest