Obituary: Vera Gay McMechan
Services for Vera Gay McMechan, 82, Lawrence, were Monday, Dec. 31, 2001, at Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie, with the Rev. Annie Hedquist officiating. Burial was in Hubbel hill Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mrs. McMechan died Friday, Dec. 28, 2001, at Brandon Woods Nursing Center in Lawrence. She was born March 2, 1919, in Tonganoxie, the daughter of Fred and Ama (Pickens) Kramer. She was a member of the World Wide Church of God.
She married Clarence Wesley McMechan Jr. on April 11, 1938, in Olathe. He died on Dec. 27, 2001.
Survivors include five sons, Larry Eugene McMechan, Stanley Neil McMechan, Leland Clark McMechan and Clinton Lee McMechan, all of Lawrence, and Donald Ray McMechan, South Greenfield, Mo.; three daughters, Wilma Lucille Hall, Marilyn Gay Burns and Sherry Ann Floyd, all of Lawrence; four sisters, Faye Pence, Erma Groom and Florence Faler, all of Lawrence, and Gladys Pentlin, Osawatomie; 24 grandchildren; and 23 great-grandchildren.
She also was preceded in death by four sons, Gene Allan McMechan, Wesley Dean McMechan, Glenn Arnold McMechan and Carl Lesley McMechan.
The family suggests memorial contributions to America Hospice, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie, 66086.
More like this story
- This year's Leavenworth County Veterans Day Parade to salute Vitenam veterans
- Jury to weigh death sentence for man in Jewish site killings
- Dole Institute to exhibit Bob Dole's WWII-era letters
- Man accused of Jewish site shootings to appear in court
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station