Obituary/Carrie Edith McAlexander
Services for Carrie Edith McAlexander, 75, Fort Meyers, Fla., were Saturday, Jan. 5, 2002, at Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie, with the Rev. Dwaine Hudson officiating. Burial was in Hubbel Hill Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mrs. McAlexander died Dec. 30, 2001, in Fort Meyers. She was born Jan. 20, 1926 in Tonganoxie, the daughter of Mirrett and Reba (Pickens) Walker. She was the former owner of the McAlexander Nursing Home in Tonganoxie.
Survivors include six sons, Cleo McAlexander and Mike McAlexander, both of Lawrence, Calvin McAlexander, Princeton, Kan., John McAlexander, Claremore, Okla., Dennis McAlexander, Fort Meyers, Fla., David McAlexander, Kansas City, Kan.; three daughters, Judy Markley, Lewisville, Texas, Vicky Durkee, Cedar City, Utah, Kathy Walters, Lehigh, Fla.; one sister, Alice Ruff, Dallas, Texas; 27 grandchildren; and 40 great-grandchildren.
A daughter, Diana McAlexander, and two granddaughters preceded her in death.
More like this story
- 2 injured after car explodes on Kansas expressway
- Tonganoxie part of investigation in shooting death of KCK officer
- Panel faults Kansas mental health system
- Kansas man driving combine leads law enforcement on chase
- Kansas' criminal forfeiture law, among nation's toughest, faces bipartisan effort to change