Obituary: Leland McPherson
Services for Leland McPherson, 91, McLouth, were Saturday, Jan. 12, 2002, at McLouth United Methodist Church. Burial was in McLouth Cemetery.
Mr. McPherson died last Wednesday Jan. 9, 2002, at a Kansas City, Kan., hospital following a long illness. He was born Nov. 17, 1910, at rural McLouth, the son of Walter G. and Ruby Coral Kimmel McPherson, and he was a lifelong resident of McLouth.
Mr. McPherson was a farmer in the McLouth area and served as custodian for the McLouth schools for more than 30 years before he retired in 1994.
He was a member of the McLouth United Methodist Church and was a 1929 graduate of McLouth High School. He attended Ashland College in Ohio for one year.
He married Mildred Beatrice Osborn on Feb. 13, 1937, at McLouth. She died on July 17, 1984.
Survivors include two sons, Jerry McPherson, Tonganoxie, and Larry McPherson, Eudora; a daughter, Carolyn Waterman, Washington, Kan.; a brother, Marlin McPherson, Oskaloosa; seven grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to McLouth United Methodist Church or to Tonganoxie Nursing Center resident fund, sent in care of Barnett Funeral Home, P.O. Box 416, 820 Liberty, Oskaloosa, 66066.
More like this story
- Army to resume cleanup at former Sunflower ammunition plant
- Small breweries in Kansas seek bill allowing more production
- Get out, drought: Kansas currently completely free from dry status
- Scientists fly Kansas sky to study ferocious storms
- Desert Storm veterans to be honored Friday at Leavenworth County Veterans Day Parade