Obituary/Jon Paul Mills
Services for Jon Paul Mills, 35, Topeka, were Friday, Jan. 11, 2002, at the Church of the Assumption, Topeka. Inurnment was Saturday, Jan. 12, 2002, at Maple Grove Cemetery in Tonganoxie.
Mr. Mills died Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2002, at a Topeka hospital as a result of head injuries sustained on Jan. 7. He was born April 19, 1966, in Kansas City, Kan., and was the adopted son of Fred and Jeanne Doege Mills.
Mr. Mills graduated from Shawnee Heights High School in 1984. He attended Kansas State University and Washburn University.
Survivors include his parents, Fred and Jeanne M. Mills, Tonganoxie; one daughter, Belai C. Mills, Perry; and one sister, Jan E. Carson, Topeka; and a longtime friend, Nancy Scott, Topeka.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Belai C. Mills Education Fund, sent in care of Brennan-Mathena Funeral Home, 800 SW Sixth, Topeka, 66603.
More like this story
- Audit finds UMKC business school ran up deficit to boost ranking
- Kansas logs first sighting of tropical piratic flycatcher
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas schools, colleges, hospitals would feel sting of cuts
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan