THS debaters qualify for state tournament
The Tonganoxie High School debate team placed second in the regional competition Saturday at Rock Creek.
The four-speaker team made up of juniors Andrew Becker, Megan Needham, Paul Reetz and sophomore Heather Young qualified to compete at state this weekend in Goddard.
Four two-speaker teams previously qualified for state. The teams are made up of seniors Sarah Melchior, Melissa High and Craig Colby, juniors Jordan McCarty, Caleb Poterbin, Kelly Woelk and John Wickey and sophomore Seth Kotowske. Alternates and timekeepers for the four-speaker team are juniors Cara Langston and Rachel Fish. Alternates and timekeepers for the two-speaker teams are juniors Britain Stites, Mat Overbaugh and Brian Gravatt.
More like this story
- Middle America braces for strong storms, possible tornadoes
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Grass fires commonplace in recent days in Tonganoxie area
- Fort Riley adjusts entry procedures after I-70 traffic jam
- Tonganoxie High School track teams look to build on 2014