Patrick and Deniece Wakeman, Tonganoxie, announce the engagement of their daughter, Jocelyn Wakeman, to Raymond E. Ward, son of Scott and Gayle Ward, Tonganoxie.
The future bride, a Tonganoxie High School graduate, graduated from Emporia State University with a degree in elementary education. She is teaching first grade in the Piper school district.
The future groom, also a THS graduate, earned a degree from Pittsburg State University in automotive technology. He is working at Scotty's Service.
The couple plan a June 15, 2002, wedding at the South Park gazebo in Lawrence.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie Public Library bingo has several winners
- Accomplished musicians to perform Sunday at First Congregational Church of Tonganoxie
- Kansas City Connection: 9 events to kick off a busy September
- Kansas City Connection: Getting pumped for postseason baseball
- Kansas City Connection: The debut of KC Ballet's new 'Nutcracker' and other family activities