Patrick and Deniece Wakeman, Tonganoxie, announce the engagement of their daughter, Jocelyn Wakeman, to Raymond E. Ward, son of Scott and Gayle Ward, Tonganoxie.
The future bride, a Tonganoxie High School graduate, graduated from Emporia State University with a degree in elementary education. She is teaching first grade in the Piper school district.
The future groom, also a THS graduate, earned a degree from Pittsburg State University in automotive technology. He is working at Scotty's Service.
The couple plan a June 15, 2002, wedding at the South Park gazebo in Lawrence.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie Elementary School wins state title in Music Memory
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event
- Kansas City Connection: A tour of West 39th Street
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures