Obituary: Floyd David Freeman
A memorial service for Floyd David Freeman, Tonganoxie, will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 9, 2002, at Quisenberry Chapel, Tonganoxie, with Roger Ambrose officiating. A private inurnment will be held.
Mr. Freeman, 77, died Friday, Jan. 11, 2002, at the Veterans Administration Medical Center, Leavenworth.
He was born Feb. 11, 1924, in Tonganoxie, the son of Ezra and Lottie (Peterson) Freeman. He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II and a member of the Tonganoxie Friends Church. Survivors include several nieces and nephews.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Tonganoxie Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 9271 or to the Floyd Freeman Scholarship Fund, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie, 66086.
More like this story
- Middle America braces for strong storms, possible tornadoes
- National Weather Services issues more flood watches, warnings for area
- Officials fear Kansas is complacent about tornado season
- Rough weather hits southwest Kansas, at least 1 tornado
- Flash flood warning in effect for Leavenworth County, parts of Wyandotte, Johnson counties