Obituary: Vaneta (Jinx) Mailand
Services for Vaneta (Jinx) Mailand, 62, McLouth, were Saturday, Jan. 26, 2002, at Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie, with the Rev. Arlin Holst officiating. Burial was in Hubbel Hill Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mrs. Mailand died Jan. 22, 2002, at her home. She was born Feb. 6, 1939, in Elsie, Neb., the daughter of Cecil and Charlotte (Sharrah) Anderson.
She was a member of St. Martin's Lutheran Church, Basehor. She was active in Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts for many years. On May 1, 1959, she married Dean J. Mailand in Sidney, Neb. He survives.
Other survivors include a son, Kevin Mailand, Lawrence; three daughters, Kelly VanSickel, Oak Harbor, Wash., Kimberly Brice-Gray, McLouth, and Karla Schiltz, Tonganoxie; a brother, Larry Anderson, Dewitt, Neb.; four sisters, Verla Bates, Madrid, Neb., Helen Sommerer, Seward, Neb., Phylis Terpstra, Phoenix, and Linda Siedel, Roxbury, Kan.; and 10 grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Jefferson County Hospice, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie, 66086.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Council candidate questionnaire: Mike Vestal
- Local attorney faces incumbent in school board race
- Kansas governor signs nation's 1st ban on abortion procedure
- Rookies and veterans: Tonganoxie Chieftains sending four freshmen, two seniors to state
- Tonganoxie City Council candidate: Charles (Tuna) Conrad