Sonic Drive-In prepares to open restaurant in Basehor center
Sonic Drive-In will have another location along U.S. Highway 24-40.
The franchise will build another restaurant in the Basehor Shopping Center, 155th Street and 24-40. The Sonic will be built just east of the temporary Community National Bank.
"It's coming along, said Charlie Kraut, who supervises Tonganoxie's Sonic Drive-In. "Hopefully we're going to have things finalized with them in the next week."
Kraut will be the supervising partner of the Basehor location, while, Joe Thompson, Tonganoxie, will be the managing partner.
Groundbreaking is expected later this summer and Kraut hopes the new restaurant will be open in the fall.
"It shouldn't be a problem by the end of September," Kraut said. "But it's just a projection."
More like this story
- Kansas House passes bill to authorize $1.5B in pension bonds
- Kansas lawmakers considering proposals on public employees
- Kansas panel considers limits on public workers' bargaining
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Kansas officials hope budget puzzle pieces drop into place