Graveside services for Robert Wiltfong, 87, a former Longton resident, were Friday, July 12, 2002, at Oak Valley Cemetery in Oak Valley, with the Rev. Dale Cornett officiating.
Mr. Wiltfong died July 4, 2002, in Auberry, Calif., at the Wish-I-ah Care Center. He was born Jan. 6, 1915, in Oak Valley, the son of James and Josie (Krider) Wiltfong. He was raised in the Oak Valley area and attended school at Viola.
He married Mary Louise Morton in 1938 and she died in 1981.
He worked in construction, mining, law enforcement, and he was dogcatcher in Cherryvale. He also did general maintenance in school systems in California.
Survivors include two sons, Jim Wiltfong, Tonganoxie, and David Wiltfong, Cherryvale; two daughters, Patsy Newland, Oakhurst, Calif., and Violet Carson, Parsons; three sisters, Loretta Tomberlin, Wichita, Vera Long, Kerman, Calif., and Opal Weyand, Independence, Kan.; 14 grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Alzheimer's Disease and Related Disorders, sent in care of Webb and Rodrick Funeral Home, 306 W. Main, Independence, Kan., 67301.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Kansas House approves new tax plan after governor’s plea
- Education focus: Academic boot camp program puts veterans back in the classroom
- Kansas logs first sighting of tropical piratic flycatcher
- City budget suggestions cause conflict on Shawnee council