Obituary: Ernest Edwin Pine
Services for Ernest Edwin Pine, 92, Basehor, were Saturday, July 20, 2002, at Quisenberry Funeral Home in Tonganoxie. Burial was in the DeSoto Cemetery in DeSoto.
Mr. Pine died Wednesday, July 17, 2002, at Altera Sterling House in Lawrence. He was born Feb. 15, 1910, in Lawrence, the son of William Roscoe and Kat Mae (Fincher) Pine.
He was a bus driver for Kansas City Area Transit Authority, and he retired in 1972. He was a member of Kiwanis International and Basehor United Methodist Church, both of Basehor.
He married Margaret E. Benge on Sept. 29, 1929, in Garnett. She died on Sept. 9, 1991.
Survivors include a son, Roland Pine, Fort Myers, Fla.,; two daughters, Evelyn Janiece Jensen, Staughton, Wis., and Carol Ann Smith, Basehor; a brother, Loren Pine, Lyons; a sister, Velma Skinner, Lawrence; 11 grandchildren; 19 great-grandchildren; and four great-great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Basehor United Methodist Church building fund or Hospice, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie, 66086.
More like this story
- McLouth baseball sweeps Nebraska team in opening doubleheader
- Midwest economy: February glance at Kansas, Missouri
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck