Obituary: George S. Marshall
Services for George S. Marshall, 86, Basehor, were Monday, July 22, 2002, at the Bonner Springs United Methodist Church in Bonner Springs. Burial was in Glenwood Cemetery near Basehor.
Mr. Marshall died Friday, July 19, 2002, at Overland Park Regional Medical Center. He was born June 23, 1916, in Emporia.
He was a lifetime Basehor area resident and had been a local dairy farmer for many years until 1963. He then started working at the Leavenworth County Co-op, where he later became the manager. He retired in 1979.
Mr. Marshall was a member of the Basehor United Methodist Church, and he was a member for more than 20 years of the Jayhawk Ramblers Recreational Vehicle Club.
Survivors include his wife of 60 years, Mildred L. Marshall of the home; two sons, G. Steven Marshall, Eagle Grove, Iowa, and Roger L. Marshall, Farley, Mo.; a daughter, Jayne Aobe, Livingston, Texas; six grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Basehor United Methodist Church building fund, sent in care of Alden-Harrington Funeral Home, 214 Oak St., Bonner Springs, 66012.
More like this story
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Kansas Senate approves concealed carry of guns without training or permit
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers