Obituary: Clarence “Ted” Handley
Services for Clarence "Ted" Handley, 91, Linwood, will be at 10 a.m. today, July 31, 2002, at Quisenberry Funeral Home in Tonganoxie. Burial will be in Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens, Kansas City, Kan.
Mr. Handley died Saturday, July 27, 2002, at his home. He was born Sept. 11, 1910, in Mankato, the son of John C. and Elizabeth Handley.
He was a maintenance employee for Linwood School District who retired in 1975. He was a member of Linwood United Methodist Church.
On Sept. 16, 1933, he married Effa Hancock in Lincoln, Neb. She died on June 18, 1984.
Survivors include two sons, James R. Handley, Olathe, and Ralph E. Handley, Fenton, Mich.; a brother, Harold Handley, Berthoud, Colo., a sister, Betty Basel, Philadelphia; four grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Linwood United Methodist Church or to Hospice, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie, 66086.
More like this story
- Garden City woman pleads not guilty in marijuana case
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Wichita voters approve reducing marijuana penalties
- Leavenworth County liquor store allegedly sells to undercover 19-year-old
- Kansas' broad marijuana bill attracts bulk of GOP votes