Work on roads could delay parade
Because the intersection of Evans Road and County Road 25, is closed for construction, this year's Leavenworth County Fair parade will stop for traffic.
David Todd, president of Leavenworth County Fair Board said that normally sheriff's officers reroute U.S. Highway 24-40 traffic to Evans Road during the parade. The parade is set for 6:30 p.m. Aug. 14.
But this year, because the alternate route is closed, sheriff's officers will periodically stop the parade at the intersection of U.S. 24-40 and Third Street to let the traffic pass.
Todd said the gaps in the parade may make it difficult for spectators at the fairgrounds to know when the parade is actually over. He's asking ahead of time that spectators stay out of the entryway, giving fairgrounds access to participants.
More like this story
- Legislators pledge to join Tonganoxie fight against Tyson plant
- Leavenworth County commissioners revoke bond support for proposed Tyson chicken plant near Tonganoxie
- KDHE continues to research soil following gas leak
- Tonganoxie Public Library officials talk building future with City Council
- Tyson plant opponents pack Leavenworth County Commission meeting