Work on roads could delay parade
Because the intersection of Evans Road and County Road 25, is closed for construction, this year's Leavenworth County Fair parade will stop for traffic.
David Todd, president of Leavenworth County Fair Board said that normally sheriff's officers reroute U.S. Highway 24-40 traffic to Evans Road during the parade. The parade is set for 6:30 p.m. Aug. 14.
But this year, because the alternate route is closed, sheriff's officers will periodically stop the parade at the intersection of U.S. 24-40 and Third Street to let the traffic pass.
Todd said the gaps in the parade may make it difficult for spectators at the fairgrounds to know when the parade is actually over. He's asking ahead of time that spectators stay out of the entryway, giving fairgrounds access to participants.
More like this story
- KDHE continues to research soil following gas leak
- Work begins on Tonganoxie's Gallagher Park
- Tonganoxie mural public forum set for Wednesday in council chambers
- Hogs, residents compete for Kansas county's water supply
- Information about Tonganoxie's Gallagher Park personalized bricks to be available later this month