Chieftain softball earns five spots on all-KVL team
Five Tonganoxie players made the all-Kaw Valley League softball team.
Senior Kim Newton, who will play at Kansas City Kansas Community College next season, made first-team all-KVL as a first baseman.
Fellow senior and outfielder Andrea Korb and sophomore pitcher Katie Jeannin earned second-team Kaw Valley League honors.
The other two Tonganoxie High School representatives were honorable mentions junior outfielder Laura Korb and senior third baseman Sarah Subelka.
The Chieftains finished their campaign at 12-9 with a regional quarterfinal loss to Hayden.
The Wildcats eventually won their second straight title, defeating Piper in the state finals May 25 in Mulvane. The Topeka school finished its championship season with a 14-12 record.
More like this story
- Kansas proposed juvenile justice changes would incarcerate fewer youths; some counties express concern
- Document proving WWII military sex slaves now at KU library
- Tonganoxie area groups support national veteran motorcycle ride on Interstate 70
- Jury to weigh death sentence for man in Jewish site killings
- Facebook and the election