Eldridge, prosecuter may reach agreement
It appears a plea agreement is in the works for a former county commissioner charged with violating the county's anti-nudity resolution.
According to a representative in the Leavenworth County attorney's office, Wayne Eldridge is scheduled to appear in court on June 20 for a plea hearing.
Eldridge was charged in March 2001 in connection with operation of Whispers, a private club near Basehor that features female dancers.
On Tuesday, Eldridge said his attorney was handling all matters pertaining to the case. Attempts to reach his attorney were unsuccessful.
"I haven't heard anything," Eldridge said. "I've just been doing my own little thing."
The county attorney's office charged Eldridge with misdemeanor charges of aiding and abetting public nudity, which is a violation of the county resolution; as well as promoting prostitution and promoting obscenity. The terms of the plea will not be available until the hearing, the county attorney's representative said.
More like this story
- Baldwin City resident killed, another injured in motorcycle wreck in southern Leavenworth County
- Woman, child killed in highway crash in Kansas
- Local woman with Tonganoxie ties killed in fatality wreck on U.S. 24-40
- Police: 11 injured in Great Bend crash involving spider
- Topeka woman killed when bicycle hit by truck