Okie Mae Wells
Services for Okie Mae Wells, Basehor, will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, June 20, 2002, at Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie. Burial will be in Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens, Kansas City, Kan. Friends may call at the chapel at 1 p.m. Thursday.
Mrs. Wells, 87, died Tuesday, June 18, 2002, at her home.
She was born March 26, 1915, in Newton, Mo., the daughter of Thomas and Mary Ann (Pruitt) Cox. She was a sales clerk for Leaders in Kansas City, Kan., and Bakers in Leavenworth. She attended the Basehor United Methodist Church.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Chester E. Wells in 1965, and a son, Chester Wells Jr. in 1933.
Survivors include her daughters, Charlotte Robin-son, McLouth, and Audrey Moody, Basehor; five grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions may be made to the American Heart Association, American Lung Association or Basehor United Methodist Church, in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie, 66086.
More like this story
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Kansas City Connection: Don't be a stranger to this pie social
- Tonganoxie High to stage 'Twelve Angry Jurors' for final night tonight
- Topeka teens' music making rounds on Internet
- Kansas City Connection: 36 Months in Kansas City