Details set for Tonganoxie’s St. Patrick’s Day festivities
St. Patrick's Day is fewer than two weeks away, and Tonganoxie's observance of the holiday once again will include painting the town green.
Or at least Fourth Street.
The traditional green stripe of paint is expected to appear down Tonganoxie's St. Patrick's Day parade route on March 16, one day before the Irish holiday.
Along with a parade at 10 a.m. on that Saturday, bake sales and a corned beef dinner will take place. The dinner will run from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Congregational Church, Fourth and Shawnee streets. Tickets for the dinner are available at First State Bank and Trust, Community National Bank, Village Floral and Evans Real Estate.
The 15th installment of Tonganoxie's celebration will also include the annual grand leprechaun of the parade. The parade will start near Fourth and Pleasant streets and travel west on Fourth. No pre-registration is necessary.
More like this story
- First land bank lots from Fort Riley overbuilding to be sold
- Hello to summer in Tonganoxie
- Tonganoxie Mayor candidate questionnaire: Bill Peak
- Longtime Tonganoxie council members to square off in mayoral race
- Tonganoxie Recreation Commission, Free State Fitness teaming up for community fitness program