Firefighters focus on Sunday show
Fire departments in Lansing, Easton and Springdale could be in a CBS television program that airs at 8 p.m. Sunday.
Rick Huhn, fire chief of Delaware Township, said Liz O'Donnell, a freelance photographer from Boston, was in Leavenworth County on Sunday, taking pictures of rural fire departments for the upcoming show. During the show, there will be 2.5-minute spots featuring still photographs of firefighters from across America.
"The show is about a New York City probationary fireman whose first day at work was September 11," Huhn said. "They're going to show his life since then and how it has changed."
Huhn said when O'Donnell arrived at Lansing, she said she was looking for a more rural setting and considering a trip to central Kansas.
"I said we've got rural in Leavenworth County we can show you rural," Huhn said.
And so, he took her to the Alexandria Township Fire Department in Springdale, where she visited with fire chief Scott Kendrick, and to Easton Township Fire Department where she talked to fire chief Jim Herken.
More like this story
- Open-records advocates decry Kansas effort to curtail public access to police reports
- Tonganoxie's curbside recycling growing
- Tonganoxie USD 464 recycling debate continues
- Rural recycling currently possible through Leavenworth County bins in Tonganoxie
- Tonganoxie Mayor candidate questionnaire: Bill Peak