Music fund-raiser concludes Tuesday
Tonganoxie music students are continuing to sell newspaper subscriptions to help them finance upcoming trips.
But the annual fund-raiser ends Tuesday.
The Mirror newspaper and the Lawrence Journal-World have agreed to donate funds to the students for each newspaper subscription they sell. Both new subscriptions and renewals are accepted under the program.
Vocal and instrumental music students at both Tonganoxie High School and Tonganoxie Junior High School are participating in the project.
The Mirror will donate $5 to the music department for each 12-month subscription sold by students, and the Journal-World will donate $10 for each 14-week subscription the students sell.
More like this story
- First land bank lots from Fort Riley overbuilding to be sold
- 25 years on, disabilities act has changed lives of millions
- Kansas schools, colleges, hospitals would feel sting of cuts
- Tonganoxie citywide garage sales, Leavenworth County cleanup events Saturday
- Kansas holding hearings on disability services