Obituary/Richard O. Carey
Services for Richard O. Carey, 85, formerly of Ozawkie, will be at 1 p.m. today, March 6, 2002, at Quisenberry Funeral Home in Tonganoxie. Burial will follow in Pleasant View Cemetery, Oskaloosa.
Mr. Carey died Sunday, March 3, 2002, at Eisenhower Veterans Administration Medical Center in Leavenworth. He was born March 21, 1916, in Lawrence, the son of Elvin Aldis and Julia (Barnes) Carey. He was a World War II U.S. Army veteran and had retired as a casino maintenance man in Reno, Nev.
Survivors include a son, Cecil Angelina Larison, Oskaloosa, and a brother, Bill Carey, Washington state.
Friends may call from noon until 1 p.m. today at the funeral home. The family suggests memorial contributions to the Oskaloosa Veterans of Foreign Wars Post, in care of the funeral home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie, 66086.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie Community Historical Society soup and chili feed today at Methodist church
- Annual St. Patrick's Parade set for March 14
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event
- Mirror recieves Kansas Press Association awards for its 2014 work
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Kendra Schobert