St. Patrick’s parade set for Saturday
It appears the weather will cooperate on Saturday, as Tonganoxie puts on the green for the annual St. Patrick's Day parade.
High temperatures are expected in the 50s, with partly cloudy skies.
The main event is the St. Patrick's Day Parade, which will start at 10 a.m. near Fourth and Pleasant streets and travel west on Fourth Street.
In its 15th year, St. Patrick's Day festivities held the Saturday before the holiday also will include a corned beef dinner from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Congregational Church, Fourth and Shawnee streets.
Debbie Breuer is helping direct this year's activities.
The chamber of commerce helps with the holiday activities as well, and Breuer hopes the organization will take the helm in the future because of insurance reasons.
Whoever coordinates the event, Breuer knows one thing is consistent for a weekend each March:
"Everybody's Irish on St. Patrick's Day," she said.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High School medals four teams at two-speaker state debate
- Kansas regents approve new gun policy to comply with state law; university policies to come next
- Free speech group urges KU to exonerate professor who used N-word in class
- Kansas State sticks with scrapping equestrian program
- Harrell named for teacher of year award