Aunt Norie’s Sewing Room
The lining in her wool slacks was riding up and creating a roll or bulk across the back under the waistband.
"Can you fix it?" she asked.
The side seams of the lining (we were relieved to find) had room to let that seam out and were the answer to her problem.
Sometimes you need to remove the waistband, letting the excess ride on up to be trimmed away and reset the waistband. Be careful not to pull the crotch area up and shorten the crotch.
Always keep some white vinegar on hand it comes in handy so many times. It can, for instance, put a crease in or take one out. Just dampen the area with the white vinegar and press firmly with a hot iron. It's great help in removing an old hemline crease also.
When you have trouble keeping slippery fabric on the extension leaf of your sewing machine as you sew, wrap and pin a Turkish towel around the leaf, or a strip of flannel (I've even used a receiving blanket in years past). This saves a lot of frustration, or even pulling and misalignment of your seams as you sew.
Until next week, God Bless, just to be so thankful for this great land we are privileged to call our own. Aunt Norie, P.O. Box 265, Tonganoxie, 66086-0265.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie USD 464 candidate questionnaire: Diane Truesdell
- Tongnoxie USD 464 board cuts teacher position, freshman athletics events
- Tonganoxie USD 464 candidate questionnaire: Michelle McGhee
- Hats off to you, Tonganoxie and McLouth graduates
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row