Obituary: Glenna M. Brassfield
Services for Glenna M. Brassfield, 53, Basehor, will be at 10 a.m. today, March 20, 2002, at the Zion United Church of Christ, Kansas City, Kan. Burial will be in Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens.
Mrs. Brassfield died Sunday, March 17, 2002, at her home. She was born Feb. 15, 1949, in Kansas City, Kan., the daughter of Benjamin D. and Sophie Hurrelbrink Miller.
She was a second-grade teacher for 24 years in Unified School District 500. She was a member of Zion United Church of Christ and Basehor Friends of the Library.
Survivors include her husband, Ray "Buss" Brassfield, a daughter, Jo Anna, and son, Ben, all of the home; her mother of Kansas City, Kan.; and a sister, Sharon Rugan, Ellinwood.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Kansas City Hospice, 1625 W. 92nd St., Kansas City, Mo., 64114; Zion United Church of Christ, 2711 N. 72nd St., Kansas City, Kan., 66109; or Cancer Action Inc., 1831 Minnesota Ave., Kansas City, Kan., 66102.
Porter Funeral Home, Kansas City, Kan., handled arrangements.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Former Kansas superintendent and 2 others sue over firings