Mary Louise Downing
Services for former Basehor resident Mary Louise Downing, 89, Lansing, were Saturday, March 23, 2002, at Holy Angels Catholic Church, Basehor. Burial was in Holy Angels Cemetery, Basehor.
Mrs. Downing, died Thursday, March 21, 2002, at Providence Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan. She was born Oct. 4, 1912, in Leavenworth, the daughter of Michael E. and Mary Johanna (Wenzel) Kelly.
She was a member of Holy Angels Catholic Church and the Altar Society. She graduated from Tonganoxie High School in 1929. She was a member of the Chamber of Commerce in Basehor. On April 20, 1938, she married Milton M. Downing in Kansas City, Mo. He died Aug. 28, 1988.
Survivors include a son, Bernard Downing, Wichita; two daughters, Joanne Aaron, Leavenworth, Loretta Kirchhofer, Wakarusa; two sisters, Ruth Sigman and Gladys McDermott, both of Shawnee; 14 grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by a son, Mike Downing.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High wrestlers break school records, take 4th at state
- Rookies and veterans: Tonganoxie Chieftains sending four freshmen, two seniors to state
- Tonganoxie's Riedel, Hand to wrestle for state titles in respective divisions at state; THS in 4th heading into Day 2
- Chietain wrestlers snag wins, build for future in at Salina
- State basketball wraps up during weekend