Obituary: Meryle C. McQuitty
Services for Meryle C. McQuitty, 89, Kansas City, Kan., were Monday, April 28, 2002, at Highland Park Funeral Home, Kansas City Kan., with burial in Highland Park Cemetery.
Mrs. McQuitty was born Dec. 2, 1912, in Highmore, S.D., and had moved to Kansas City, Kan., from Wells, Minn., in 1948. She was a ward clerk in the emergency room at Bethany Medical Center for many years and after her retirement was a volunteer at Bethany Medical Center.
Survivors include three sons, Douglas W. McQuitty, McLouth, Roger D. McQuitty, Nora Springs, Iowa, and David T. McQuitty, Kansas City, Mo.; two daughters, Louise M. Roberts, Kansas City, Kan., and Marian I. Brandel, Hartsburg, Mo.; two sisters, Zeda Kallin, West St. Paul, Minn., and Dorothy Lieferman, Mankato, Minn.; 20 grandchildren; 27 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Kansas City Hospice.
More like this story
- Kansas designates Wednesday as Military Appreciation Day
- Employer sent to prison for hiring workers illegally in U.S.
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities