Obituary: Margaret Leighty
Services for Margaret (Sanders) Leighty, 88, Tonganoxie, will be at 2 p.m. today, May 15, 2002, at Quisenberry Funeral home, Tonganoxie. Burial will be in Maple Grove Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mrs. Leighty died Sunday, May 12, 2002, at her home.
She was born Dec. 24, 1913, in Tonganoxie, the daughter of Dana and Grace (Phenicie) Sanders.
She was a graduate of Emporia State Teachers College who had taught in several rural Kansas schools. She worked as the district home economist for Graybar Electric Co. in Kansas City, Mo., and later retired as the home economist for Kansas Power & Light Co., Lawrence. She was a member of Reno United Methodist Church and a 71-year member of Chapter AT of P.E.O., Tonganoxie.
She married Julius "Pete" Leighty on Dec. 24, 1952, in Bentonville, Ark. He survives, of the home.
Other survivors include a cousin, John Sanders, McLouth.
Friends may call from noon until service time today at the funeral home.
More like this story
- Use of batboys and girls suspended after 9-year-old's death
- Antler broker flourishes in his Delphos business
- Weigh in on Kansas Day with The Mirror and social media
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center
- 8 years after tornado, Greensburg to have theater again