Lansing wins 4A volleyball
Tonganoxie's roadblock to the state tournament the last two years found a pretty clear path to a 4A title Saturday in Salina.
Lansing (38-2) won its first volleyball title in school history with a 15-12, 15-10 win against Hayden in the tournament championship. The Lions defeated THS in three games in a substate tournament Oct. 26 in Tonganoxie. Lansing defeated Iola and Concordia in pool play Friday, but then lost to Hayden. LHS, though, came back for the title rematch against the Wildcats. The victory gave coach Julie Slater her first title after coming up empty-handed in the finals in 1988, '92 and 2000. In 18 seasons at Lansing, she's taken nine Lion teams to state.
More like this story
- Police: 2 men arrested for pretending to be crash victims
- Tonganoxie police investigating sexual assault case involving 13-year-old
- Kansas man sentenced for 17th drunken driving conviction
- Off-duty Shawnee firefighter administers CPR to 4-year-old at Tonganoxie Water Park
- Police officer lauded for how he handled shoplifting case