January vote set for bond election
The Basehor-Linwood School District has officially kicked off its campaign to get a $29.9 million bond issue approved by voters in January.
School board members, district officials, architects and financial advisers met last week with district patrons interested in campaigning for the bond issue.
On Jan. 21, Basehor and Linwood voters will decide on the bond issue, which would fund the construction of a new Basehor-Linwood Middle School and renovations to Linwood, Glenwood and Basehor elementary schools.
Approximately 35 to 40 residents have volunteered for the campaign. Anyone interested in volunteering for the committee can call the school district office (913) 724-1396 for more information.
More like this story
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Kansas House passes teacher collective bargaining compromise
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row