Wardy, Jeannin named to all-KVL team
Tonganoxie High landed two players on the all-Kaw Valley League team earlier this week.
Middle hitter Vanessa Wardy, a senior this season for the Chieftains, was named first-team all-conference by the 10 league coaches.
Setter Katie Jeannin, a junior this year, also was named honorable mention, one of 14 players on the honorary team.
The two players helped THS to a second consecutive winning season this fall. The Chieftains went 25-12 after going 18-16 last year.
Both seasons, Tonganoxie has finished second in substate to Lansing, which this year went on to win the Class 4A state title Nov. 2 in Salina with a championship match win against Topeka Hayden.
More like this story
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Kansas designates Wednesday as Military Appreciation Day
- Kansas closer to allowing concealed carry with no permit
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action
- Local attorney faces incumbent in school board race