New housing project a plus for Tonganoxie
Three area men's decision to construct homes geared toward elderly members of the community will be an asset for Tonganoxie.
By this time next year, the city will have several housing units, designed specifically for the needs of elderly residents. According to plans for Fall Creek Villas, residents wouldn't have to worry about shoveling snow or mowing grass.
It stands to reason that local residents who no longer want to live in their own homes would be interested in the new development.
In addition, local residents whose parents are reaching the age that they want to leave the responsibilities of living in their own homes should be interested in Fall Creek. Tonganoxie's small-town atmosphere should be attractive to elderly residents from other parts of the state or country.
The city offers quiet living, with the opportunity to enjoy fine restaurants and solid shopping opportunities. And the city is close enough to entertainment venues in both Lawrence and the Kansas City metro area to make Tonganoxie a wonderful choice.
Adding Fall Creek to the city's housing offerings will strengthen Tonganoxie's ability to attract citizens of all ages.
More like this story
- Midwest economy: February glance at Kansas, Missouri
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty