Obituary: Stella L. Luse
Services for Stella L. Luse, 82, McLouth were held November 22, 2002 in the McLouth United Methodist Church with Rev. Scott Berry officiating. Burial was in Sunset Memory Gardens in Leavenworth.
Mrs. Luse died Monday, Nov. 18, 2002 at the Lawrence Memorial Hospital after a long illness. She was born Feb. 29, 1920 in the Springdale community of Leavenworth County, the daughter of James Robert and Dora Hein Tullis. She had lived in McLouth since 1963 and was a lifelong resident of the Springdale and McLouth areas. Mrs. Luse served as City Clerk for the City of McLouth since 1974. She retired in 1999 after 24 years of service.
She also had assisted the mayor of McLouth for several years before her employment with the city.
She was a member of McLouth First Baptist Church, McLouth Senior Citizens, American Legion Auxiliary Unit 393, Wednesday Morning "Home Alone Gang" and Springdale Friends Circle Club. She was a 1937 graduate of McLouth High School.
She was married to Theodore Derrell Luse on April 12, 1941, in McLouth. He died April 10, 1987. She is survived by one son, Robert E. Luse, two brothers, John Tullis and Robert both of McLouth and three grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by four brothers, Charles, Leonard, Harry and Vernon Tullis.
The family suggest memorial contributions to First Baptist Church of McLouth, sent in care of the Barnett Funeral Home, P. O. Box 416, Oskaloosa, 66066.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers' tax plan makes numerous policy changes
- Kansas regulators disagree on increasing KCP&L's rates
- Kansas officials defend pension bonds after Moody's report
- Tonganoxie USD 464 bond reissuance to save nearly $1.14 million; candidate filing deadline June 1; more hires, resignations, new positions
- Kansas firm criticized for plan to hike electric rates $152 million