Warrior wrestlers win in Leavenworth
The Tonganoxie Junior High wrestling team traveled Nov. 18 to Leavenworth-Warren Middle School to wrestle both Leavenworth-Warren and Leavenworth-Patton.
The wrestlers defeated Warren, 121-54 and Patton 105-21. The Warriors won 38 out of 53 matches and had 36 pins.
On Saturday, the Warrior wrestlers competed in a nine-team tournament at Lansing Middle School. Winning first-place medals were Shane Banks (4-0), Justin Smith (4-0), Johnathan Ferris (4-0), Jake Herrstrom (3-0) and Leighton Simpson (4-0).
Second-place medals went to Austin Koontz (3-1), Justin Smith (3-1), Ryan Stockman (3-1), Wade Garrison (3-1), Kyle Cobb (3-1) and Stephen Woolf (3-1).
Wrestlers winning third-place medals were Trey Brumbaugh (2-1), Justin Moss (2-2), Daniel McIntosh (2-2) and Justin McDaniel (2-2).
The Warriors also traveled Monday to Basehor-Linwood Middle School, but results were not available before The Mirror's deadline.
More like this story
- Kansas regulators disagree on increasing KCP&L's rates
- Kansas regulators to have hearings on Westar rate agreement
- Kansas firm criticized for plan to hike electric rates $152 million
- Amtrak's future in Kansas hinges on satisfying mandate
- Latest Tonganoxie police station search part of multi-year saga