Advance voting starts in two weeks
The final day to register to vote in the Nov. 5 general election is Oct. 21.
Registration is available in Tonganoxie at city hall, 321 Delaware; at the Leavenworth County Annex, U.S. Highway 24-40 and Laming Road; and the Tonganoxie Public Library, 303 Bury. Registration is available in Basehor at City Hall, 2620 N. 155th, and Basehor Community Library, 2812 N. 155th. Registration is available in Linwood at city hall, 306 Main, and Linwood Library, 302 Main.
Voter registration also is available at the county clerk's office in the courthouse in Leavenworth, 300 Walnut; at city halls in Leavenworth, Lansing and Easton; and at the Leavenworth Public Library, 417 Spruce.
To register to vote, a person must be at least 18 years old.
Advance voting for the general election begins Oct. 16. Advance voting at the clerk's office concludes at noon Nov. 4.
Voters who would like to cast ballots in advance of the election may vote at the county clerk's office or request an advance ballot.
Requests for advance voting ballots must be received before noon Nov. 1. Those completed ballots must be returned to the clerk's office by 7 p.m. Election Day.
To participate in advance voting either by mail or at the Leavenworth County clerk's office, contact the clerk's office, (800) 250-2507, (913) 684-0420, or visit the office at the courthouse in Leavenworth.
More like this story
- Kansas regents approve new gun policy to comply with state law; university policies to come next
- Kansas' governor defends state's new guns-on-campus law
- Kansas regents hold tuition, fee increases to 3.6 percent
- Kansas universities accept hundreds of students who don’t meet minimum admission standards: report
- After 149 years, Kansas lawmakers still grappling with 14th Amendment