Tonganoxie gets nod for substate, regional
It certainly won't be a boring sports day in Tonganoxie.
The city has been named as host for both a regional cross country meet and sub-state volleyball tournament in Class 4A, both on Oct. 26.
Athletics director Brandon Parker said he applied for the postseason events and was notified Friday that Tonganoxie High School would be the host school for both venues. The first-year athletics director, however, said he was amazed that Tonganoxie was selected for both sports.
"We put in for them and got them," Parker said. "I really don't know why we got volleyball. I didn't do any special dance or anything."
Whatever the selection process, it will be a busy day for the community. Both events begin at 2 p.m. because that Saturday has also been set aside for ACT testing. For that reason, the school can't stagger starting times for regionals and sub-state.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High wrestlers nab 2nd at Wamego Invitational
- McLouth High boys basketball advances to 3A substate semifinals
- SALINA SEQUEL: Tonganoxie volleyball handles BLHS, clinches second straight state appearance
- Tonganoxie High soccer opens 4-1A regionals as No. 4 seed
- Piper ends THS basketball seasons