Obituary: Sarah “Lottie” Cashman
Services were held Oct. 2, 2002, for Sarah "Lottie" Cashman, Council Grove, at Kendall Funeral Chapel in Council Grove. Burial was in the Alta Vista Cemetery.
Mrs. Cashman, 89, died Friday, Sept. 27, 2002, at a Council Grove hospital. She was born Nov. 4, 1912, near Alta Vista, to Sylvester and Grace Decker Orton.
She graduated from Alta Vista High School in 1930 and attended Kansas State Teachers College in Emporia. After graduation, she taught three years in a one-room school in Geary County.
She married William "Bill" Cashman on June 20, 1937, in Junction City. He survives.
Other survivors include three daughters, Jean Pearson, Tonganoxie, Kay Steere, Arlington, Texas, and Mary Picolet, Council Grove; 10 grandchildren; and 16 great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Morris County 4-H Foundation, in care of the funeral home.
More like this story
- Celebrating a Tonganoxie VFW milestone
- Gala in Tonganoxie, parade in Leavenworth highlight Veterans Day celebrations
- This year's Leavenworth County Veterans Day Parade to salute Vitenam veterans
- Tonganoxie VFW Women's Auxiliary hosting Saturday BBQ for Vietnam vets
- Tonganoxie Face to Face: VFW's Art Miller