Donald Ray Wolfe
Services for Donald Ray Wolfe, 72, Tonganoxie, will be at 11 a.m. today, Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2002, at the Community of Christ Church, Tonganoxie, with the Rev. Paul Dorsey officiating.
Burial will be in Hubbel Hill Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mr. Wolfe died Saturday, Oct. 19, 2002, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital. He was born Feb. 12, 1930, in Aurora, Mo., the son of George and Elsie (Fassenette) Wolfe.
He retired as a mechanical supervisor for the Kansas Department of Transportation in Olathe.
He served in the U.S. Army, was a member of the Community of Christ Church, Tonganoxie, and served on the board of directors of the Senepole Cattle Association.
He married Marcine Mortimer in Independence, Mo. She survives.
Other survivors include a son, Ronald Ray Wolfe, Nowata, Okla.; three daughters, Rebecca Jo Ring, Tonganoxie, Catherine Lynn Turner, Kansas City, Kan., and Pamela Jane Petrie, McLouth; a brother Gene Wolfe, Savonburg, Kan.; three sisters, Sarah Jane Rankin and Virginia Malcor, both of Savonburg, and Viola Bradshaw, Sunland, Calif.; eight grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the American Heart Association, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie, 66086.
More like this story
- Cemetery stroll next month at Holy Angels with First City PAST group
- Topeka High School teacher surprises student with car gift
- Accomplished musicians to perform Sunday at First Congregational Church of Tonganoxie
- 'Make Art, Not War' coming to Tonganoxie Community Historical Society
- Tonganoxie Chieftain cross country teams take first, second at Perry-Lecompton meet