Letter: Time for a professional approach
It is long past time for Leavenworth County to hire a professional county administrator. The Leavenworth County Commission has shown time and again that they cannot effectively and efficiently manage a business with over 350 employees and a $38 million budget. The Leavenworth County Commission mismanaged the Leavenworth County Infirmary to the point where the public subsidy of the County Infirmary increased 71 percent to $816,374 in 2001. Leavenworth County Commission mismanagement of the Emergency Medical Services resulted in an $80,000 payment for back wages. Leavenworth County Commission mismanagement also resulted in a property tax increase to pay an insurance claim because the County Commission dropped insurance coverage before the county's self-insurance program was adequately funded.
A professional will help manage the county's business so costly mistakes like these are not repeated.
David A. Greenamyre,
More like this story
- Tonganoxie School Board special meeting Thursday to cover potential LOB increase, freshman athletics
- Tonganoxie groups continue to evaluate future options for shared buildings
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Tonganoxie School Board OKs putting LOB question on ballot
- Tonganoxie USD 464 candidate questionnaire: Diane Truesdell