Letter: Time for a professional approach
It is long past time for Leavenworth County to hire a professional county administrator. The Leavenworth County Commission has shown time and again that they cannot effectively and efficiently manage a business with over 350 employees and a $38 million budget. The Leavenworth County Commission mismanaged the Leavenworth County Infirmary to the point where the public subsidy of the County Infirmary increased 71 percent to $816,374 in 2001. Leavenworth County Commission mismanagement of the Emergency Medical Services resulted in an $80,000 payment for back wages. Leavenworth County Commission mismanagement also resulted in a property tax increase to pay an insurance claim because the County Commission dropped insurance coverage before the county's self-insurance program was adequately funded.
A professional will help manage the county's business so costly mistakes like these are not repeated.
David A. Greenamyre,
More like this story
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Tonganoxie USD 464 lays out reasons for principal's termination
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- Tonganoxie Live effort on the move