Obituary: Anne Elizabeth Bond
Graveside services for Annie Elizabeth Bond, 83, Marceline, Mo., were Friday, Sept. 6, 2002, at Oak Hill Cemetery in Lawrence, with the Rev. Ben Saathoff officiating.
Mrs. Bond, a former McLouth resident who had lived in Marceline for the past three years, died Sept. 3, 2002, at Pioneer Skilled Nursing Center in Marceline.
She was born Dec. 11, 1918, at Pueblo, Colo., the daughter of Leonard and Annie (Jones) Provorse.
She married Edward U. Bond on June 19, 1944. He died in 1992.
Mrs. Bond was a graduate of Pittsburg State Teachers College (now Pittsburg State University). She was a home economics teacher. She was a lifetime member of the Order of Eastern Star in Tonganoxie and a member of the Christian Church in Tonganoxie.
Survivors include three sons, Rich Bond, Marceline, James Bond, Garnett, and Ed Bond, Dunlap, Ill., a sister, Mary Wartick, Wichita; and four grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Manhattan Christian College or to the American Lung Association, sent in care of Delaney Funeral home, 1720 N. Missouri Ave., Marceline, Mo., 64658.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High seniors receive scholarships at awards night
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie Recreation Commission's Lisa Large
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie High school's Mary Welsh
- Kobach seeks end to lawsuit against Kansas citizenship rule
- Tonganoxie and McLouth residents among Emporia State University scholarship award winners