Obituary: Harvey R. Herrstrom
Services for Harvey R. Herrstrom, 76, Tonganoxie, will be at 10 a.m. today, April 2, 2003, at Quisenberry Funeral Home in Tonganoxie. Burial will be in Hubbel Hill Cemetery.
Mr. Herrstrom died Saturday, March 29, 2003, at the Veterans Administration Medical Center in Topeka. He was born Oct. 14, 1926, in Tucson, Ariz., the son of Martin and Iona (Anderson) Herrstrom.
He retired in 1990 from United States Steel Cyclone Fence Company.
He was a World War II Air Force veteran and a member of the Iron Workers Union Local 10 in Kansas City, Mo.
Survivors include a son, James R. Herrstrom, Tonganoxie; a daughter, Darlene Heard, Oskaloosa; two brothers, Elden Herrstrom, Springhill, Fla., and Walter Herrstrom, Louisburg; six grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Tonganoxie Veterans of Foreign Wars, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie, 66086.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High seniors receive scholarships at awards night
- Tonganoxie and McLouth residents among Emporia State University scholarship award winners
- Tonganoxie High grad on Belmont Dean's List
- Tonganoxie High School medals four teams at two-speaker state debate
- Tonganoxie high school, middle school students honored with pizza party for winning VFW essays