McLouth earns fourth at relays
Gold medals in the 800 meters and 4x400 meter relay paved the way for McLouth High's fourth-place finish Friday at the McLouth Relays.
Courtney Edmonds took first in the 800 with a 2 minutes, 28.62 seconds time and the team finished in 4:30. Second-place finishers were Alayna Stewart in the 100 and Katie Booth in the 3,200. Stewart finished in 13.41, while Booth had a 14:35 time.
Taking third-place in their events were the 4x800 and the 4x100, along with Neva Gardner in the 300 intermediate hurdles. Erin Watson also grabbed bronze in the 1,600. Stewart also took fourth in the 200, as did Erica Meyer in the 100. The co-ed weight relay also took fourth.
McLouth scored 72 points, 40 behind meet champion Royal Valley. Rock Creek took second with 95, while Wathena and Horton tied for third with 94.
On the boys side, McLouth took 11th out of 12 teams. McLouth scored 13 points, while Royal Valley took first with 117 points.
Tyler Smith took fourth in the discus with a 116-1.5 toss. Relay teams in the co-ed weight relay and the 4x400 also scored fourth-place finishes. The 4x800 team provided the only other point with a sixth-place finish.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Patrick Budy
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?