Obituary: Edward W. Maness
Services for Edward W. Maness Sr., 84, Tonganoxie, will be at 2 p.m. today, April 23, 2003, at Quisenberry Chapel in Tonganoxie. Private burial is planned at the National Cemetery in Leavenworth.
Mr. Maness died Friday, April 18, 2003, at the University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan. He was born Sept. 3, 1918, in Duke, Mo., the son of Doan and Neda (Wilson) Maness. He was a World War II U.S. Navy veteran and was a retired machinist for Santa Fe Railroad, Kansas City, Kan. On Oct. 18, 1948, he married Edna M. Howard. She survives, of the home.
Other survivors include three sons, Edward W. Maness Jr., Wichita, Fred H. Maness, Tonganoxie, and Doan M. Maness, Bonner Springs; two daughters, Catherine J. Reid, Bend, Ore., and Patricia J. Fincher, Batavia, Ill.; a brother, Gene Maness of Texas; two sisters, Donna Bell, Garnett, and Velda Dawson, Oklahoma City; 11 grandchildren, nine great-grandchildren and two great-great-grandchildren.
A daughter, Marsha K. Wallin, died in 1996.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the American Heart Association sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, Box 993, Tonganoxie, 66086.
More like this story
- Kansas firm criticized for plan to hike electric rates $152 million
- Topeka to pay $10K for sewage release
- Arizona must pay fines, reimburse Kansas customers
- Hill touts career experiences in Leavenworth County Commission race
- Leavenworth County commissioners revoke bond support for proposed Tyson chicken plant near Tonganoxie