Obituary: James E. Baker
Services for James E. Baker 65, Tonganoxie, were Tuesday, April 22, 2003, at Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie. Burial was in Hubbel Hill Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mr. Baker died Thursday, April 17, 2003, at his home. He was born April 30, 1937, in Sabetha, the son of Morris K. and Opal (Jones) Baker. He married Suzanne Huber on June 25, 1954, in Sparks, Kan. He was an engineer and later a supervisor in the highway maintenance department of the Kansas Department of Transportation. He served as a staff sergeant in the U.S. Army Reserves.
Survivors include his wife, of the home; one daughter, Diane Johnson, Linwood; and three grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Arthritis Foundation, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, Box 993, Tonganoxie, 66086.
More like this story
- Governor signs bill on $25 withdrawal for welfare recipients
- O'Brien: Broken funding formula and necessary corrections
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Kansas Senate panel considering bill to ban abortion method
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues