Elsie Louise Louth
A private, family memorial service was held for Elsie Louise Louth, 93, Sedo-Woolley, Wash. Burial will be in Fall Creek Cemetery near Jarbalo.
Mrs. Louth died Friday, April 25, 2003, at her home. She was born July 2, 1909, in Jarbalo, the daughter of John and Mary (Farrar) Flinner. She married Howard Louth on July 3, 1938, in Wichita.
She earned a bachelor of arts degree in journalism at Kansas State University in Manhattan.
In addition, to her enjoyment of writing, Mrs. Louth also gardened and was a landscape painter. She was a member of the Pioneer Club for 20 years.
Survivors include her husband, of the home; three daughters, Roberta Snodell, Mission, Jean Rossman, Scottsdale, Ariz., and Myrna Russell, Hemet, Calif.; eight grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie, handled local arrangements.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- KSU researchers develop heat-tolerant wheat
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers