Elsie Louise Louth
A private, family memorial service was held for Elsie Louise Louth, 93, Sedo-Woolley, Wash. Burial will be in Fall Creek Cemetery near Jarbalo.
Mrs. Louth died Friday, April 25, 2003, at her home. She was born July 2, 1909, in Jarbalo, the daughter of John and Mary (Farrar) Flinner. She married Howard Louth on July 3, 1938, in Wichita.
She earned a bachelor of arts degree in journalism at Kansas State University in Manhattan.
In addition, to her enjoyment of writing, Mrs. Louth also gardened and was a landscape painter. She was a member of the Pioneer Club for 20 years.
Survivors include her husband, of the home; three daughters, Roberta Snodell, Mission, Jean Rossman, Scottsdale, Ariz., and Myrna Russell, Hemet, Calif.; eight grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie, handled local arrangements.
More like this story
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Emporia State names Vietti as interim president
- Presidents of 4 Kansas universities decline salary increase
- Kansas House panel passes bill to end business tax break
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits